10% OFF EXTERIOR PAINTING FOR SPRING / SUMMER 2023
There are several steps you can take to help make your home's exterior paint last longer in New Jersey:
Duration paint by Sherwin Williams is a high-quality, durable exterior paint that is designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and resist fading, chalking, and peeling. It is made with a proprietary cross-linking technology that helps the paint adhere better to the surface and provides long-lasting protection.
In addition to its durability, Duration paint is also known for its excellent color retention. It is formulated with fade-resistant pigments that help the paint retain its original color over time, even when exposed to direct sunlight or harsh weather conditions.
Overall, Duration paint is a great choice for homeowners who want a long-lasting, high-quality paint for their home's exterior. It is important to note, however, that using a high-quality paint like Duration is just one of the steps you can take to help extend the life of your home's exterior paint. It is also important to prepare the surface properly, use a primer, and follow the manufacturer's instructions to ensure the best results.
2. Prepare the surface properly: Here are some tips for preparing the surface properly:
a. Clean the surface: Remove any dirt, dust, or debris from the surface. You can use a pressure washer to remove dirt and grime, or you can use a scrub brush and a solution of mild detergent and water. Make sure to allow the surface to dry completely before painting.
b. Repair any damage: Look for any cracks, holes, or other damage on the surface. Fill in any cracks or holes with an appropriate filler, and smooth the surface with a putty knife. If the surface is particularly rough or uneven, you may need to sand it down to create a smooth surface.
c. Protect any areas that you don't want to paint: Use masking tape and newspaper or plastic sheeting to cover up any areas that you don't want to paint, such as windows or doors.
3. Use a primer: Applying a coat of primer before painting can help the paint adhere better and last longer.
4. Follow the manufacturer's instructions: Make sure to follow the manufacturer's recommendations for the number of coats of paint to apply and the drying time between coats.
5. Protect the paint from the elements: Regularly washing the exterior of your home and protecting it from harsh weather conditions can help extend the life of the paint.
6. Touch up as needed: Keep an eye on the condition of the paint and touch up any areas that show signs of wear or fading.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that the exterior paint on your home lasts as long as possible.